The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will award tuition credit via financial aid to every LAS student (primary of secondary major) who participates in an LAS Global Seminar. The LAS Global Seminars for summer (must be taught by LAS faculty during the summer term AND for 3 ISU credits, not transfer credit) and their corresponding courses are:
- Berlin Tech(no) Cultures – Lindsay Preseau and Ritwik Banerji (Summer 2023_ – GER 370 (3 or 4 credits)
- On the Road in Ireland: A Traveling Writers Workshop – Debra Marquart (Summer 2023) – ENGL 395B/595B (3 credits)
- Cathedrals of France (Paris area) – Jean-Pierre Taoutel (Summer 2023) – INTST 395B (3 credits)
- Global Leadership Study Abroad: Sweden – (Summer 2023) – LD ST 333 (3 credits; may have 6 credit option)
- Trieste and the Meaning of Place: Italy – Christiana Langenberg (Summer 2023) – INTST 395 (3 credits)
- Roman Italy: Building the Empire – David Hollander and Rachel Meyers (Not being offered Summer 2023) – CL ST 385 (3 credits)
- From Jungle to Reef: Tropical Ecology, Marine Biology, and Cultural Diversity in Belize– Corinna Most and Andrew Somerville (Not being offered Summer 2023) – BIOL 394 (3 credits)
Participants with LAS majors will receive an automatic $750 scholarship for registration in a LAS Global Seminar.
This is a great time to meet that general education or international perspectives requirement, or take a class abroad if you can’t afford the time or money to study abroad for a semester! Additional scholarships for study abroad are also available, so multiple scholarships may be awarded. No application is required for the $750 LAS Global Seminar awards. Please apply for your chosen LAS Global Seminar program at http://isuabroad.iastate.edu by searching by location and “Summer” as Term.