Cathedrals of France: History, Art, and Spirituality in Medieval France
July 1-21, 2022
Live in Paris, discover the major cathedrals – Unesco’s World Heritage sites – of France, visit five fascinating French regions, and explore the French lifestyle beyond the cliché.
- Discover the most beautiful cathedrals of France (Paris, Chartres, Amiens, Rouen, Reims) and examine the magnificence of their architecture, spirituality, and aesthetic ideals.
- Enhance your knowledge about the building of cathedrals and their importance in history, art, literature, and culture in France and across Europe.
- Examine the rich cultural and spiritual history of French cathedrals and the essence of religious beliefs in Medieval France.
- Learn about the history of France through the cultural artifacts of art and architecture.
- Explore one topic in depth for a final project.
- Get inspired! Throughout history, cathedrals have been a source of inspiration for artists and provided a focus for reflection for every visitor. Why not you?
For more information and to apply, visit: https://isuabroad.iastate.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgramAngular&id=13139
Deadline to apply: March 25, 2022