Students interested in participating in a LAS Study Abroad program must submit an online application through ISUAbroad by the appropriate deadline. Applications are opened in advance of the application deadlines.
- Login to ISUAbroad and search for the program you intend to apply. Once on the brochure page for the program, click the “Apply Now” button. This will start your application. You can also meet with a study abroad advisor to guide you through the application process.
- Complete all the required items. Requirements will vary by program. You can start an application and save your progress to complete at a later time.
- Read, follow all instructions, and provide your digital signature on any application documents that appear under the heading “Signature Documents.”
- Read and mark any items listed under “Learning Content” as read.
- Enter the contact information for the required recommendations. Recommenders can be instructors, advisors, supervisors, etc. You should identify someone who can speak to your abilities and skills relevant to a study abroad experience.
- Enter a Statement of Purpose (if required). It is recommended to write your statements in a separate document and check for spelling and grammar before copying into your application.
- Click the “Submit” button. You’re done!
Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the program’s director or coordinator. You will receive an email alerting you of your application status once your application has been reviewed and a decision has been made.
Accepted participants will be notified on a rolling basis upon submission of completed application. Once you are accepted to participate, you must either commit to or decline your offer in the ISUAbroad online application system. Those students who commit to participate are officially part of the program and will be responsible for all program costs listed on the ISUAbroad budget sheet. If you withdraw, you will be responsible for the withdrawal penalty outlined below, in addition to all non-recoverable program payments the college is obligated to make on your behalf. Appeals are possible in certain extenuating circumstances, such as family or medical emergencies. Charges will be applied to your U-bill.
|31-60 days prior to program start date||$100|
|1-30 days prior||$200|
|Start date or after||Full study abroad program fee|