With permission, spouses and/or dependents are allowed to travel with faculty program directors on study abroad programs. For further information, please contact Mercedes Serracin. (515-294-1162)

The faculty program director is responsible for all expenses associated with spouses/dependents.

If spouse/dependent expenses are included in group expenses, those costs must be reimbursed to the study abroad program account.

The ISU Education Abroad Committee requires a completed Spouse, Domestic Partner and/or Child Companion Agreement and Liability Release to be completed before travel. The forms can also be obtained at:


Adapted from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Study Abroad website